I was delighted to be invited to the launch of the new Discovery Centre (DISC) in Cambridge, UK where they shared their vision for the future of R&D and showed #WhatScienceCanDo.
Here we share the press release from the recent Cambridge Angels Summer Reception held at Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge.
Click on the title to read more!
Here we share Simon's recent interview with Inngot (featured on their blog) talking about becoming an Angel Investor and why he believes in the importance of diversity, IP, and intangible assets.
Delighted to collaborate with:
Stelios Kavadias, Margaret Thatcher Professor of Enterprise Studies in Innovation and Growth, Co-Director of Cambridge Judge Entrepreneurship Centre.
Where we unravel the components that make up a business’s valuation in the latest article from Barclays Eagle Labs and the Cambridge Judge Business School.
I was pleased to be invited as a guest on The Syndicate Room's recent Angel Insights Podcast talking about the lessons learned on Angel Investing.
On Alembic Strategy Café’s livecast - Reigniting the Economy I spoke about supporting entrepreneurs leading the digital revolution.
• The pandemic has accelerated e-commerce and the digitisation of many sectors of the economy led by Healthcare and Education.
• Angel investors understand that building businesses of scale take at least 7-10 years, which is why it is called ‘patient capital’. So ‘don’t sell too early’.
• The UK is well positioned as a global AI leader having invested as much in AI R&D as the rest of Europe. It’s 3rd behind the US and China.
• The workforce of the future will need digital skills. Therefore we need to start with Schools teaching technology and financial literacy.
• The pandemic has mimicked ‘war-time’ urgency forcing companies to refocus on their business models (pivot if necessary) and show leadership qualities. Successful CEO’s have understood the importance of resilience, being a good role model, showing transparency along with exemplary communication skills to ensure the wellbeing of their teams.
Click here to listen.
I was delighted to be invited as an investor panellist at Enterprise Tuesday's recent event:
How to pitch to investors.
Early stage entrepreneurs supported by Cambridge Judge Entrepreneurship Centre were given the opportunity to pitch to a panel of experienced investors.
Page 1 of 2